“I love cooking with you Mom”, she says, “specially baking! It’s just a stress buster for me AND for you, right?” She’s merely celebrated her 5th birthday a couple months back but yes she has achieved the ability of talking like a grown up already! It sometimes makes me laugh and sometimes worries me that she’s growing up too fast but almost always makes me proud! You know what else makes me proud? Working with her in the kitchen and watching the passion with which she measures and pours and mixes the ingredients. I don’t think I even knew how to pour a cup of milk in the pan without spilling it all over the kitchen floor when I was five but she does it like a pro and that makes my heart pump some extra blood.
But then she’s just 5, almost still a baby. So as a mom I need to be extra careful with what she’s surrounded by in the kitchen. The kind of ingredients she’s playing with and the quality of cookwares and bakewares she’s using. So I’m always looking for products that are safe for her to use, easy on my pocket and extra pointers if they also look cute. And most of the time Gitadini products fit well in all those categories. My recent favorite is Idlito, their new product recently launched in the US market. Gita, the founder of Gitadini very smartly named it after a popular Indian savory steamed rice cakes called Idli. This might give you an idea that this product works great for steamed mini cakes and dumpling recipes. Not just Indian dishes like idli and dhokla – I also steamed flower shaped eggs which made for a great lunch box food. Then you can use the same mould for baking, chilling and freezing purposes too. We decided to try delicious chocolate mini cakes made with Greek yogurt, using the flowershaped Idlito mold.
Delicious Chocolate Mini Cakes in Flower Shapes – great for kids’ partiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
2½ cups All Purpose Flour
½ cup Good Quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
¾ tsp Salt
½ cup Milk
½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 sticks Unsalted Butter
1½ cups Sugar
4 Large Eggs
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips, you can substitute any of your favorite chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray the insides of the Idlito mold with non-stick baking spray.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix milk and yogurt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk mixture, until it is all combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the flower cavities. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the Idlito on a wire rack. Once cool, invert the Idlito and carefully pop the little flower cakes onto the wire rack and cool completely.
Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container – such as the free storage tin shipped with every Idlito mold.
The Idlito silicone kitchen molds are specially designed to be flexible and smooth for easy food removal, yet sturdy enough to stand on any surface and firm enough to be picked up by the handles. In addition these molds are:
- Dishwasher safe
- 4-in-1 functions for baking, steaming, chilling and freezing Stackable and space-saving, both in use and in storage
- Each mold forms 7 heart shapes with center cavities for sauces or toppings
- Flexible, smooth surface for easy food removal
- Two easy-grip handles on the top for lifting
- Made from FDA & LFGB (European Standard) approved silicone
- 9 ¼” in diameter, 3” high
- Free GitaDini Storage Tin included
——- G I V E A W A Y C L O S E D ——- GIVEAWAY!!! And because it’s Diwali – a time of celebrations and festivities – GitaDini is hosting a giveaway, so you too can win your very own Idlito Silicone Kitchen Mold! You have 3 chances to win your very own Idlito for free (shipping included!) There are three ways you can win, and you can choose to do 1, 2, or all 3 of the options listed below. Even better: the more ways you enter, the better your chances of winning!Entering in this giveaway is super fast, and very simple. Here are the details: Entry Option #1 Enter your email in the box below to sign up to receive our future blog post delivered straight to your inbox !
Of course we’ll never spam you, and never give your email to anyone else. You can take our word for it! After signing up, just leave a comment below letting us know. Done 🙂 Entry Option #2 Share this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ and encourage your friends to enter to win. Then simply write a separate comment below with the link to where you shared the post. Done 🙂 Entry Option #3 Leave a separate comment below and tells us why you and only you should win the brand new Idlito. Simple, huh? Done 🙂 And let’s not forget the very important fine print:
The contest will end at midnight central time on Sunday October 26, 2014.
The winner will be selected at random from the comments using random.org, and will be notified via the email address they used to leave their comment on Monday October 27, 2014.
Contest is only open to winners with a mailing address within mainland USA. (Sorry to all of our non-U.S. readers – we are working on international shipping)
The winner will receive one GitaDini Idlito 4-in-1 Silicone Kitchen Mold of their choice, retail value $20, shipped for free using ground shipping to a mailing address in mainland USA.
——- G I V E A W A Y C L O S E D ——-
4 thoughts on “Delicious Chocolate Mini Cakes in Flower Shapes – great for kids’ parties”
done subscribing – vidya dot tiru @ gmail dot com
Subscribed! Yay. Can;t wait to receive your email updates. 🙂
amy [at] utry [dot] it
amy [at] utry [dot] it
I would love to win because I love multi-tasking kitchen equipment! These molds are gorgeous! 🙂
amy [at] utry [dot] it
Comments are closed.