Stay cool and hydrated this summer with glasses of delicious pomegranate rose iced tea. It is the perfect beverage to enjoy at the end of a long day or to serve at your next summer bash. Our stainless steel 2-Quart Medium Saucepan makes brewing tea quick and fuss-free with deep pouring spouts and a built-in strainer.
Last winter was long and too cold, but summer is already turning out to be a scorcher. How has it been in your part of the world? Do you like summer or winter? Well, if you like summer, but struggle to stay cool, we have the perfect cold beverage recipe for you.
Iced tea is our favorite way to stay cool and hydrated during the warmer months. Iced tea is so much fun and so easy to customize. Brew tea with your favorite herbs, a few slices of lemon and even edible flowers to add tons of flavor and fragrance to your favorite beverage. Rose and mint is a heavenly combo and has cooling properties that are perfect for summer. Our stainless steel 2-Quart Medium Saucepan is perfect to brew infused teas. The pouring spouts and built-in strainer makes the whole process quick and fuss-free.
The saucepan’s long handle stays cool and helps you achieve the perfect pour straight into the pitcher. Once you have cooled down this rose and mint tea, you can serve it with a simple syrup or any fruit syrup.
Personally, we find the combo of pomegranate and rose to be delightful. The slight tang of the ruby-red pomegranate perfectly complements the floral notes of the delicate rose tea. Serve the pomegranate rose tea in a tall glass over lots of ice. Sit back, sip and enjoy!
Stay Cool This Summer With Pomegranate Rose Iced TeaCourse: beverageCuisine: Indian
Stay cool and hydrated this summer with glasses of delicious pomegranate rose iced tea. It is the perfect beverage to enjoy at the end of a long day or to serve at your next summer bash.
- For pomegranate syrup
Pomegranate – 1, large
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
- For iced tea
Water – 4 cups
Edible rose petals – 2 tbsp, fresh or dried
Fresh mint leaves – 5-6, plus extra for garnish
Black tea – 2 tsp
Ice cubes – for serving
- Remove the pomegranate arils from the fruit and blend with a cup of water. Strain to remove seeds. Add this juice to a medium saucepan along with lemon juice and sugar. Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved to make sweet pomegranate syrup.
- Cool down syrup, pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- To brew tea, take water, rose and mint leaves in a clean saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat and add the tea.
- Remove from heat, cover with a lid and allow to infuse for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and pour into a pitcher or jar. Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
- To make a glass of iced tea, fill a tall glass with ice cubes, then pour a few tablespoons of pomegranate syrup, and top with chilled tea. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for delicious and refreshing pomegranate rose iced tea. Do try it this summer.
AUTHOR BIO: This article was written by our guest contributor Anjana Devasahayam, who runs the food blog At The Corner Of Happy & Harried. Anjana loves to create recipes for her family and friends, and she especially loves putting her unique twists on traditional recipes. You can also follow Anjana on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+.