These apple ring fritters are a quick treat that can be made easily with just a few ingredients that you already have in your kitchen. Our stainless steel 2-Quart Medium Saucepan with capsulated bottom is the perfect pan to fry up these delicious treats to crisp perfection!
I have a soft corner for delicious bites that can be enjoyed with a cup of tea in the evenings. I love savory and sweet snacks equally, but I do tend to favor a sweet bite a little bit more. Blame it on my genetic sweet tooth, I guess!
People usually believe that making snacks at home are messy and time consuming, but that is not the case here. Do you have a lone apple or two in the fridge? Some flour, sugar, egg, milk and oil? With these handful of pantry staples, you can easily whip up these delicious apple ring fritters in no time at all.
Just core and slice the apples into even rings. Dip them in batter and fry them up in a pan of hot oil. I like to use a neutral oil like vegetable or canola oil. Our stainless steel saucepan with capsulated bottom is perfect for frying up these crisp apple fritters at the perfect temperature.
Once fried golden crisp, drain them and dredge the fritters liberally in cinnamon sugar. That is the perfect finishing touch to these scrumptious treats.
Once you toss them in the sweet-smelling cinnamon sugar, your kitchen will smell like a professional donut shop or bakery, I swear! And who doesn’t like to be reminded of a donut shop?!!
Apple Ring Fritters (Quick Recipe Using Pantry Staples)Course: Dessert
These apple ring fritters are a quick treat that can be made easily with just a few ingredients that you already have in your kitchen.
Apples – 2, large ( I used sweet red apples)
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Egg – 1, large
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil – enough for deep frying
- For Cinnamon Sugar:
Fine granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
Ground cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Core and slice the apples evenly, around 1/4 inch thick. Gently toss the slices in some lemon juice while you prepare the batter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Add egg and milk, and whisk to make a smooth pancake-like batter.
- Heat oil in the saucepan until shimmering.
- Dip a slice of apple in the batter to coat evenly on all sides. Carefully slide into the hot oil, which should be at medium heat now. The fritter will rise to the surface in a few seconds, letting you know that the oil is the perfect temperature. Drop in as many fritters as the pan can hold, around 3-4.
- Cook the fritters on both sides until evenly golden brown in color. It takes around 2-3 minutes per side. Drain fried fritters onto a paper towel lined tray.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow, wide dish or bowl. While fritters are still hot, toss them in the cinnamon sugar so that they get evenly coated on all sides.
Did you like this recipe? Check out other recipes by our guest contributor here, here, here, here and here.
2 thoughts on “Apple Ring Fritters (Quick Recipe Using Pantry Staples)”
How come can’t print out the recipe
Hi Carol, our blog posts don’t offer this option as yet, but we’ll try and add it soon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Kind regards, Christina / GitaDini